Presented by BresMed, now part of Lumanity
Following the release of NICE’s updated manual on Monday, January 31, 2022, we hosted a free webinar on Wednesday, February 23, 2022, where we presented our review of the key changes to the manual. We were also joined by R. Brett McQueen, ICER reviewer and Assistant Professor of the Department of Clinical Pharmacy for the University of Colorado, for a discussion of these key changes and their potential implications.
During the session we shared:
- An overview of key changes to NICE’s methods and processes with a focus on:
- The new methodology used to assign additional value to treatments for more severe diseases
- Recommendations to manufacturers on strengthening their evidence base, including methods for sourcing evidence, increases in the scope and complexity of required analyses and the new framework for using real world evidence (RWE) in health technology assessments (HTA)
- Changes to handling of decision uncertainty and managed access agreements
- An overview of recent developments in the US on these subjects
- Our recommendations on how these changes will have an impact on global evidence development needs
The session ended with Q&A with our presenters.
R. Brett McQueen