Insightful Solutions for Early Innovation
Companies across the biopharma sector, from emerging biotech to big pharma, need reliable expert advice to shape decisions in early scientific innovation and development
Biotech companies originate and drive drug discovery and medical innovation, feed commercial pipelines, and deliver better treatments and cures to patients. Today’s biotech’s R&D engine is strong. A recent Lumanity analysis shows that biotech continues to supply fuel for growth in the biopharma industry. An estimated 60% of the US clinical pipeline is driven by biotech innovation which continues to result in a bounty of approvals with cell and gene therapies gaining additional traction, making up ~15% of this pipeline.
The promise of innovation comes with significant challenges and risks. Biotech companies must match innovative boldness with brilliant strategy. For over 30 years, our scientists and strategists have partnered with biotech companies to employ thoughtful strategy to capital deployment to inflect value and demonstrate their investment-worthiness.
Our biotech and innovation experts can help you build a sustainable growth strategy, elucidate your value proposition and competitive differentiation, and strengthen your valuation and communicate to investors and potential partners.
We Can Help You With:
A clear, defined, and trusted third party assessment speaking to not only the true value of a program or platform, but also the Proof-of-Relevance.
- Assess commercial value in markets of interest
- Evaluate mechanistic approach and scientific rationale
- Position and differentiate from evolving standard of care (SoC)
- Define target patient populations, clinical endpoints, and target product profiles
- Determine payer perspective
- Forecast future revenue potential
Prioritizing and sequencing your pipeline for your programs or platform at an early stage, while considering future factors such as clinical feasibility, regulatory agencies, and payers, will allow you to reach value-inflecting points based on your company objectives.
- Analyze and prioritize pipeline portfolio
- Identify and assess novel indications for development
- Prioritize and sequence potential indications
- Define value inflection strategy for clinical candidates
- Advise on optimal time and stage of development for partnering
When looking for complementary assets that fit into your portfolio strategy, we bring deep scientific knowledge to specific and harmonious platform technologies, therapeutic areas, and assets.
- Establish criteria for identifying programs that fit with strategy
- Identify assets and / or companies that best match criteria
- Work with our client to prioritize opportunities
- Provide deeper analysis of priority targets
- Identify value inflection points to optimize partnering strategy
Pressure test in-house work or receive solely external support for your company objectives. C-suite strategic “workshopping” to develop and align on corporate and partnering strategy for value optimization.
- Deal benchmarking and valuation
- Investor and partner pitch deck refinement and messaging
The focus of our work closely mirrors the therapeutic area focus of today’s biopharmaceutical pipeline.
Lumanity’s expert consultants are scientifically trained (PhD or MS degrees) and/or possess significant experience in biotech or pharma and/or in relevant therapeutic areas.
Our consultants possess a combination of commercial, scientific, and clinical knowledge that enable comprehensive analyses and actionable recommendations.
Lumanity is a proud sponsor of the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center (“PABC”) and is the preferred life sciences strategy advisors to its member companies. With this exclusive relationship, we are frequently at the B+Labs incubator in Philadelphia’s Cira Center, helping biopharma clients define and drive their corporate growth, product development, partnering and commercial strategies to accelerate innovative medicines to patients.
We would love to hear your challenge and discuss how our team of scientific and therapeutic area experts and life science industry strategists can help.