Accelerating Cell and Gene Commercialization
The promise and pace of cell and gene therapy innovation is hugely exciting and continues to accelerate. The nature of these advances, however, creates unique development, value demonstration, and commercialization challenges. The practical components of progressing cell and gene therapies to launch and optimizing commercial success require equally innovative solutions across everything from indication selection and development strategy, to supply chain and patient access.
We have the experience to navigate the complex journey into and across clinical development, and through the commercial launch planning window and beyond—offering expert guidance and solutions that put you on a clear path to delivering value and changing patients’ lives.
We can help you:
A winning development strategy for corporate success depends on the right balance of risk and reward across your portfolio and for each program. We guide you through all aspects of your early development planning. This includes:
- Corporate and partnering strategy
- Indication prioritization and development strategies across the spectrum of advanced therapies
- Analogue identification, analysis and insights generation; critical development strategic “must-dos”
- Creating, contextualizing, and maintaining a framework of relevant information to continually monitor the evolving CGT landscape
We support and guide commercialization teams and cross-functional stakeholders through asset commercialization and brand planning; bridging the transition from clinical development / target product profile (TPP) refinement to early launch planning and beyond. This includes:
- Launch commercialization, annual brand strategy, and tactical plans
- Patient and product journey considerations unique to cell and gene therapy assets
- Analogue insights and critical commercial strategic “must-dos”
A systematic review of your market landscape and evaluation of different market possibilities provides a roadmap to demonstrate value and differentiation. We help you understand potential future market needs and scenarios, and develop strategies and contingency plans that address the complex variables associated with the introduction of cell and gene therapies. For example:
- Opportunity assessment, valuation, and forecasting
- Market research and landscaping
- Scenario planning for potential study results and regulatory outcomes
- Treatment evolution; market receptivity to “off-the-shelf” versus one-time, “one and done” treatment propositions
- Manufacturing complexities and slot availability through to patient / caregiver community activation
Given the pace of R&D in the cell and gene therapies space, in-class and cross-class competitors can evolve rapidly. We are experts at competitive landscaping, building, prioritizing, and characterizing competitive threats and your differentiated opportunities that stretch thinking and enable confident, future-proof decisions.
Preparing for and launching a cell and gene therapy, where there may be no (or limited) existing treatment, requires in-depth assessment and strategic positioning within the landscape. We work with teams to define objectives to shape the market, justify the value proposition, and shift beliefs. We can help you:
- Consider bio-ethical considerations that inform lexicon development of key messages to the external environment
- Support extensive organizational engagement to develop implementation plans
- Anticipate and address potential misperceptions and unrealistic expectations around efficacy and safety
We support you throughout the entire launch process—from determining the right strategy, through to coordination and tracking of activities, and ensuring an aligned organization. Our proprietary launch excellence platform and framework is tailored to your precise needs, to build and track pre-launch to post-launch planning and implementation. This consolidation and visibility of progress and mapping of interdependencies is particularly critical for cell and gene therapies given the number of unique considerations versus traditional launches.
- Deep science and commercialization know-how: Underpinned by our expertise in the cell and gene therapy field, our global, diverse, and deeply experienced team advises on all aspects of asset development, market access and value, and brand commercialization
- Fresh perspectives: We help you go beyond the obvious, unlocking the potential of your asset and ensuring confident strategy endorsed by critical stakeholders
- Hand-picked experience: We bring a blend of consulting, industry, and scientific expertise, tailored to address your unique challenge
- Best in class tools, techniques, and co-creation expertise: We are experts in maximizing value, consensus, and critical outputs in stimulating workshop and co-creation environments
We would love to hear your challenge and discuss how our cell and gene therapy experts can help.