- Small but well-funded, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company seeking IND-ready or later oncology assets to complement and expand its pipeline
- Client not positioned to compete with global pharma for best assets so needed to consider more marginal opportunities and ID “diamonds in the rough”
- The company was seeking to assemble an expert due diligence team to augment its experts and conduct a scientific review of pitch slides and data room
- The company needed “go/no-go” recommendations, recommendations for additional studies to get to “go” or derisk, and suggestions for future development
- Conduct detailed scientific review of pitch decks and data rooms and relevant scientific literature for assets of interest
- Liaise with client’s scientific experts and executive management and provide detailed assessment and rationale for go/no-go recommendations.
- Objective and expert assessment of assets of interest and recommendations to enable “go/no-go” determination to advance to deal negotiation
- Elucidation of key risks and gaps, impact on deal value and structure, and potential mitigation strategies